AIRTEL DELHI HALF MARATHON 1st November 2009.
October and November are great months which lift the spirits of every Indian with lights, sweets and gifts. Delhites have another wonderful reason to rejoice, not only do they get a chance to warm up their relations during the festive season. But, they also get a chance to warm themselves up and come forward to fulfill their responsibilities to the nation.
The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2009 (ADHM) is round the corner once again on the 1st of November 2009, bringing with it a great spirit of love, fun and oneness. The Marathon is respected for its status, association and connects with people from all social levels. On a personal level, it helps you get closer to your dreams, by making you aware of your abilities to reach there. It awakens an assurance, a confidence in oneself, and drives you to share that reassurance with others. A pure challenge of will and determination, the Marathon transcends any other form of competition. Endurance, speed and will power are pitted against each other to create the ultimate athlete.
Deepalaya as in the past is participating in this event this year with the motto to “Restore the rights of children at risk” (click here to read more about these children and how Deepalaya supports them). Deepalaya has successfully raised funds through Marathons for street children in 2005, Differently Abled in 2006 and HIV & Children in 2007.
It is a heart warming experience when people from all walks of life rub their shoulders together, sweating it out to educate a helpless child and make a difference to his life.
Join hands with Deepalaya to ‘Restore the Rights of children at risk” to care, shelter, food, education, good health etc. With our experience and your support we are confident of doing even better.
Deepalaya anticipates generous donations from its friends, well wishers and all those who are inclined to contribute towards this social & noble cause, by choosing from either of the following modes:
- By Being a Dream runner for Deepaalya: Our Dream Runners will raise a minimum amount of Rs 1 lac in pledges for Deepalaya. For this the candidate aspiring to be a DT runner has to register with a contribution of Rs. 10,000/- upfront through a DD/cheque in favor of “Concern India Foundation” and send the same to us. Last date for registration is 10th Oct’09.
- By Giving Generous Donations: Even without participating you can give donations through a DD/Cheque in favor of “Deepalaya”, which will be efficiently utilized for our Dream Team runners who will be instrumental in giving tremendous visibility to Deepalaya. The donation amount would attract a tax rebate of 50% U/S 80G of IT act 1961.
- THE CORPORATE CHALLENGE: Simple steps to participate in the Corporate Challenge
- Sign up by filling the registration form and making a minimum non-refundable contribution of Rs 2,09,000 by cheque or DD in favor of ‘Concern India Foundation’. In the form that you submit, you will have to clearly indicate the NGO your company wants to support. Contributions can go up to any amount. The last date for submission is October 16th, 2009. This contribution goes to support the cause of the NGO selected by you.
- 30 people will be entitled to participate against one corporate registration. There is a limit of maximum 7 registrations from one corporate.
These participants can individually or collectively select a race out of the three options.
- Great Delhi Run 6 Kms
- Half marathon 21 Kms
- Sr. Citizens Run 4.3 Kms
- Pledges to raise funds will be made on individual basis. The corporate can further exercise the option of matching the amounts raised by its employees towards the charity.
For reference, please find the relevant forms/documents in the following links :
For any further assistance from our end you are free to contact Rashmi/Moly at 011-28525788/28525908.