Deepalaya School - Kalkaji
Deepalaya School Kalkaji Extention was set up In 1999, with the backing of several investors and in response to an overwhelming demand by the parents for a formal school. DSKE was the first Deepalaya school that was designed from ground up to function as a fully fledged education centre. The campus was equipped with laboratories, playgrounds and an auditorium. It saw students enrolling from nearby slum areas like Okhla, Govindpuri, Transit Camp, Sangam Vihar, Tughlabad Extension, and Madanpur Khadar.
After an enduring and hard fought battle, DSKE also became the first Deepalaya school to get recognition from the Delhi Government and an affiliation from the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E) in October, 2008. Today, under the leadership its Pricipal Ms. Meera Jacob, the institute focuses on continuously challenging its students to meet and surpass their capabilities so that they can become skilled members of the society.
School facilities and procedures
- Classes from LKG to Xth. The school recently received the go ahead to start class XI in Arts and Commerce
- 32 classrooms with 44 teachers
- Equipped with a sports field, badminton court, basketball court, netball court, 3 science labs, arts and crafts room, library, computer room, auditorium and medical room
- DSKE is a green school and is equipped with a paper recycling unit, vermin composting pit and a water harvesting unit
- Operates an Interact club under the Rotary
Recent achievements (administrative, academic or co-curricular):
- The enrolment went to to 1623 students in 2015.
- DSKE school won the Gobar Times award for 6 consecutive years and is now a partner with the Centre of Science & Environment for extending their programme of neighbourhood development.
- Many students from DSKE are part of the Deepalaya choir, a group consisting of students from all Deepalaya schools that participates in events and festivals across Delhi.
- The school runs extra classes in Karate, music, dance, sports, mental maths, English and arts. These classes have received an excellent response in terms of student participation and parental approval
- 100% pass rate in class X in the 2015 academic year with 15 students achieving a CGPA of 10 and above
- Regular workshops are organised to sensitise the students regarding social issues.
- Mr. Ajit, Sports teacher of the school was judged best sports teacher during the award ceremony of Zone -29.
- DSKE got a basket full of trophies and got the Overall Championship trophy for Boys too at Zone 29 award ceremony
Contact Person : Ms. Meera Jacob
Contact Number : 011-40561452, 40561453