Deepalaya School Sanjay Colony
Deepalaya School, Sanjay Colony shifted to the community of Sanjay Colony in 1992, after functioning from the Chittaranjan Park, South Delhi for many years. The school runs classes from LKG to class VIII.
The school begins at 7:55 am with morning assembly. The school follows National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) syllabus. Students are taught various subjects like Maths, English, Hindi, Science and Social Science. Sanskrit is also taught to the students from V class onwards. To improve the English among the students the school also runs a English Access Classes wherein the emphasis is laid on conversation and writing abilities of students.
The school year is divided into two terms, at the end of each term the students have to pass their exam. In the 3rd, 5th and 8th classes the students appear for exams under OBE (Open basic Examination) conducted by National institute of Open School (NIOS).
Apart from this, the children have weekly and monthly class tests, to assess their development effectively.
School facilities and procedures
- Classes from LKG to class V
- 19 classrooms with 9 teachers
- Equipped with a library, computer room, music room and an Educomp Resource Centre
- DSSC boasts a boy-girl ratio of 50:50
Recent achievements (administrative, academic or co-curricular):
- The students of DSSC achieved a 100% result in their class X exams
- In 2011, the Interactive Digiboard System was in stalled to transform existing classrooms into smart-classrooms. These boards act as a teacher’s assistant and have improved the quality of learning
- Three students from DSSC actively participated in the Delhi Child Rights Committee
- Students organised a rally in their community on Anti-Tobacco Day to spread awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco
- A Rajasthani dance was performed by the students of DSSC in the youth festival at Central Park, Connaught Place, New Delhi.
Contact Person : Ms. Shikha Pal
Contact Number : 011-40589110