Deepalaya is an NGO that strongly believes that differently-abled children can learn to lead a normal life if they have effective access to services like early identification, intervention, education, vocational training, employment opportunities and the availability of aids and appliances.
With this in mind, Deepalaya set up its Special Unit in the Sanjay Colony campus. This unit has been operational for the last fifteen years and caters to children with various disabilities like Intellectual Disability, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Autism, Hearing and Speech Impaired, Muscular Dystrophy and other physical impairments from slum areas of South Delhi.
The objective of this programme is to help the children overcome their physical and mental limitation so that they can become independent and self reliant members of the community.
Infrastructure and school procedure
- Deepalaya Special Unit in Sanjay Colony is equipped with learning aids and toys to play with.
- Human infrastructure includes special educators, speech therapist, physiotherapist, community mobilizer, and occupational therapist cum coordinator.
- Classes are held in two batches- morning and afternoon.
- Emphasis is given to the holistic development
- Regular activities are conducted with the student in accordance with their progress level.
Location : S/69 A, Sanjay Colony, Okhla Industrial Area Phase II, New Delhi
Contact Person : Ms Sangeeta
Contact Number : 011- 64719557