Father and Daughter Alliance
At Deepalaya, we believe that when you educate a girl child, you educate an entire family. We see it as our duty to empower the girl child with the right education and training so that she can not only achieve success, but can also share her knowledge with her current and future family members.
Father and Daughter Alliance, or FADA, is a project that aims to identify and provide remedial education to girl children who are school dropouts and non-school goers in order to mainstream them into formal schools. FADA classes are held at the Deepalaya School Sanjay Colony campus in the afternoon. Apart from remedial education, the girls are encouraged to take part in several skill development classes such as arts and crafts, sewing and computers.
School facilities and procedures
- Students from age 5 – 14
- 4 classrooms with 4 teachers
- 50% increase in admission since 2012
- 140 girls enrolled in the 2013 academic year
- Eight FADA students ranked amongst the top three in their class at their respective government schools
- Three teachers successfully completed their baccalaureate from their respective universities
- All students and teachers participated in the walk for Hemophilia
Contact Person : Mr. PT Varghese
Contact Number : 011-40589110