Deepalaya is an ISO 9001:2008 certified non - government organization that believes in enabling self reliance and is committed to working on issues affecting the urban and rural poor, with a special focus on women and children.
The NGO was started on July 16th 1979 by seven founding members, and for more than three decades, has been contributing to the crusade against illiteracy. Over the years, Deepalaya has established several projects in the areas of Education (Formal/Non-Formal/Remedial), Women Empowerment (reproductive health, SHG, Micro-finance), Institutional care, Community health, Vocational training and Differently Abled. These projects are operational in Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Job Location- Deepalaya Learning Centre, Gole Kuan, Okhla Phase – 1, New Delhi
Job Title: Librarian and Community Mobilizer
- creation of program to recruit and retain membership - child and adult membership
- creation of program to circulate of books among membership
- recruitment, training and retention of volunteers
- acquiring mastery of the read aloud methodology, utilizing volunteers and members in a read aloud program
- identifying library members for leadership development and working with them to develop their leadership skills.
- cleaning, mending, replacing and keeping an accounting of books in the library’s collection.
- acquisition of new books
- increasing the community's understanding of the library and participation in the library; ensuring that library services meet the needs of Community
- working with sister library efforts and other stakeholders to make strong connections in the movement to create more libraries.
- creating structures to document work done and milestones achieved; reporting on work to supervisor
- working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day.
The person having knowledge of books, loves to teach and can work for the community
2. He/she should be able to work in a team.
3. Good Communication and listening skills
Candidates should be enthusiastic librarians who can a lead and effectively promote library services and resources to the.
Bachelor degree /Diploma of Library science and Information
Kindly send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com