Job Title: Speech Therapist
Job Code: 170802
Job Location: Deepalaya Special Unit, Sanjay Colony, Okhla, New Delhi
Role & Responsibility
- Perform evaluation and administer treatment for speech language disorders for special children, with one or multiple disorder like Ceberal Palsy (CP), Mental Retardation (MR), Austism, Learning disabilities, etc.
- Design and revise plans of care and goals.
- To maintain updated individual and group records during sessions in the centre.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
- To provide written assessment reports for all clients, with appropriate recommendation whenever needed.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with parents and other stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, orderly, and child centred environment.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in speech disorder.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet centre needs.
- Regular community visits to identify and motivate Differently Abled beneficiaries for enrollment with special unit
- To disseminate knowledge related to prevention, management and rehabilitation strategies in the community
- Contribute to the delivery of information through Training and Development sessions to other staff, parents and caregivers, if required
- Represent the centre in appropriate policy and planning meetings, when required
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other organisations
- Complete reports and data as required and be accountable at all times for work practices
- Attend and participate in team meetings and staff meetings
- Undertake other duties that may be allocated from time to time that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
Qualification and Experience
Graduation or Post Graduation with Specialization in speech therapy and relevant experience of 2-3 years.