Mainstreaming the Differently-Abled 4 (Annual Report 2009-10)
IOCL Computer Centre for the differently-abled
The Indian Oil Corporation Limited Computer Centre is run by Deepalaya at Sanjay Colony, Okhla Ph II and was established with the support of IOCL. Now in its second year, the programme is continuing with providing computer software skills to the differently-abled. The centre offers two courses-Basic and Advanced- certified by the Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS).
- Sabnoor, an 18-year-old beneficiary, completed her basic and advanced courses in the first year and expressed a keen interest in pursuing a multimedia and animation course. Seeing her talent and determination, she was registered with the Oxford Software Institute, where she cleared her entrance exam. She was enrolled in the course on May 15th 2010, under the Huawei Project, and is well on her way to becoming a multimedia professional.
- Computer literacy was provided to 24 differently-abled beneficiaries.
- Five students have successfully completed the basic computer course and have enrolled for the advanced course.
- Ten students have appeared for the examination for certification conducted by Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS).
- A total of 15 students are enrolled for the job-oriented courses.
- Six students got the opportunity for latent talent development.
Enrolments at Special Unit
Beneficiaries of TOW
Home | Content | From Chief Executive's Desk | Education - 1, 2 | Non Formal Education - FADA, DABF, DEEP | Vocational Training - 1 | Gender Equity - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 | Community Health - 1, 2, 3, 4 | Differently Abled - 1, 2, 3, 4 | Institutional Care - 1, 2 | Marketing and Fundaraising - 1, 2 | Human Resources Development - 1, 2 | Credibility And Transparency - 1, 2 | Friends of Deepalaya | Financial Statements - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12