Reporting : Program Officer (Education) Location : South Delhi Key Responsibilities : Listen, understand and help students and faculty overcome with life's challenges of the students
- To identify aptitudes, learning difficulties and other basic aspects of a childâ€™s makeup.
- To observe students in the classroom and consult with teachers and parents for behavioral deviations.
- To work with school administrators, teachers, parents and students to solve the problems related to adjustment and behavior.
- To plan and lead workshops and group discussions on topics such as anger management, alcohol and drug prevention, peer-pressure and study skills etc.
- To administer and interpret vocational, aptitude and achievement testing, discussing the results with the student and their parents.
- To do personal counseling.
- To identify and work closely with other persons such as child development experts, mental health workers, psychologists and social workers, when necessary.
- To teach classes on social development, communication skills, conflict resolution, character development, career choices or other relevant topics.
- To maintain a thorough documentation of all case records and actions initiated and follow ups
- Should have comprehensive understanding of child psychology
- Should have strong desire to help others and should be able to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
- Must be comfortable working in a community setting with diverse population of students and faculty
- Must be able to communicate with cross-cultural groups of people and maintain excellent public relations
- Should possess effective communication skills â€“ verbal & written
- Should have strong analytical & decision making skills
- Should have strong coordination & monitoring skills
- Innovative & ability of multi-tasking effectively
- Computer savvy